Tips & Tricks for Queerspawn
Dear Fellow "Queerspawn,"
Here are some Tips and Tricks/"Easter Eggs" in the experience of a Queer Spawn.
- Playing house? More than one person want to be mom or dad? No worries!
- A bunch of same-sex adults in a household with kids definitely seem like co-parents. Examples:
- Sabrina's aunts in Sabrina the teenage witch (definitely thought they were a couple)
- The three guys in Full House
- Burt and Ernie (I know they didn't have kids, but still)
- From a young age, you are likely going to have the opportunity to learn how to be an advocate. It is important to know a few things as this is happening:
- This is YOUR choice, you do not HAVE to feel responsible to defend your family. That being said...
- You are likely going to be more aware of other social injustice around you even when it is not directed at your family
- You are going to feel responsible for standing up for others, especially when they are not there to stand up for themselves.
- This can be really, really wonderful for your development. Just be sure to know your limits.
For those with 2 moms, you are impervious to "yo mama" jokes. Example"
"Yo mama is so ______..."
Response: "Which one?"
For those of you with 4 dads:
When your teachers and textbooks mention our forefathers they do not intend to imply that everyone has four fathers, but it is cool that you do!